Longmont Appliance Rebates

Longmont Power & Communications and Public Works & Natural Resources are serious about helping you reduce your residential monthly utility bill. Our energy efficiency rebate program offers $50 for ENERGY STAR dishwashers, $50 for ENERGY STAR clothes washers, $100 for dual flow toilets and $50 for low flow toilets.

With these rebates, customers have a little extra incentive to buy a more energy efficient appliance. The program is available to Longmont utility customers on a first-come, first-served basis. Click here to view a downloadable copy of the appliance rebate form. (Updated 02/5/13)

For more information on Appliance rebates call (303)-651-8386 or regarding Toilet rebates call (303)-651-8376.


Electric Safety After a Flood

Flooding forces homeowners to ask many difficult questions about water-damaged electrical equipment in their houses:

  • Can I use appliances after they dry out?
  • Are circuit breakers and fuses safe to use?
  • Will I need to replace my electrical wiring?

Floodwater contaminants can create serious fire hazards if electrical wiring and equipment have been submerged in water.  Even with professional cleaning and drying, sediments and toxins are difficult to remove.

As families begin to clean up after a flood, there may be hidden electrical hazards.  This is not a do-it-yourself project!  Before beginning, have a qualified electrician check the house wiring, assess other damages and proceed with repair work.  Then, follow these important safety tips:

  • If you smell natural gas or hear a blowing or hissing sound, quickly leave the home and call your natural gas provider.  Be aware that propane tanks also pose a risk if they are punctured or damaged.
  • Do not flip a switch or plug in an appliance until an electrician tells you it is safe.
  • Do not touch a circuit breaker or replace a fuse with wet hands or while standing on a wet surface. Use a dry plastic- or rubber-insulated tool to reset breakers and use only one hand.
  • Do not allow power cord connections to become wet.
  • Do not remove or bypass the ground pin on a three-prong plug.
  • Use portable ground-fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI) protective devices on equipment and extension cords to help prevent electrocutions and electrical shock injuries.
  • Discard electrical devices that have been submerged (i.e., circuit breakers, fuses, GFCIs, receptacles, plugs and switches).
  • When using a wet-dry vacuum cleaner or a pressure washer, be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions to avoid electric shock.
  • Portable generators emit carbon monoxide (CO), a poisonous gas that is colorless and odorless.  For this reason, portable generators should never be used indoors or outdoors near open doors, windows or vents.
  • Do not turn on damaged electrical appliances.  Electrical parts can pose an electric shock hazard or overheat and cause a fire.

Replace or recondition?

Some items may be reconditioned, while others will need to be completely replaced to protect you and your family.  It is recommended that you allow an electrician or electrical inspector to guide the restoration or replacement of any electrical wiring or equipment.

Corrosion and insulation damage can occur when water and silt get inside electrical devices and products. Water can also damage the motors in electrical appliances.  Therefore, you may need to replace:

  • Circuit breakers and fuses
  • All electrical wiring systems
  • Light switches, thermostats, outlets, light fixtures, electric heaters and ceiling fans
  • Washing machines, dryers, furnaces, heat pumps, freezers, refrigerators, dehumidifiers, vacuums, power tools, exercise equipment and similar appliances.  Internal electrical components of this equipment could also be damaged.
  • Electronic equipment, including computers and home entertainment systems

Roll Off Dumpster Locations Available In Impacted Neighborhoods

As of 09:18 am  Roll off dumpsters will be available in the impacted neighborhoods, except Royal Street Mobile Home Park. Roll offs will be delivered to the Royal Street Mobile home park area once the evacuation order has been lifted.

The roll off dumpsters are being filled quickly. Once full, the roll offs will be removed and then an empty will return.

Twenty-three (23) roll offs were filled yesterday and needed to be changed out. Additional roll offs will be delivered today. However, heavy traffic on I-25 and HWY 66 is currently delaying delivery.

This morning, roll offs are available on Missouri Ave., Delaware Ave., 1st near Bowen, Bernard Ct., Center Place, Champion Circle, and Twin Peaks Circle.

Later on today, Tuesday, September 17th, roll offs will also be delivered to the areas of Columbia Drive, Troxell Ave., Lefthand Drive, and Wade Rd.

Additionally, the City of Longmont has also started collecting hazardous waste, paint, electronics and appliances that cannot be placed in the roll off dumpsters. Trucks will be canvassing the affected neighborhoods to pick these item up. If you have these items please place them on the front lawn, not the streets.


Social Media

Back to Top