Please stay off of these greenways. The flooding has undercut many of the locations and they are subject to collapse. Parks_closures2_091813_200PM
Greens and Champion Greens
• We have two contractors and city crews clearing and removing debris. Contractors are utilizing loaders, skid steers, grapple trucks and a fleet of dump trucks. We also have the city grapple truck and one ton trucks in the area to support efforts. We estimate that we will be in the area through Friday at a minimum. At that point we should be able to strategically place additional roll-offs for those who may have additional debris.
• City crews are also collecting paints, chemicals, waste and appliances for appropriate disposal.
• Roll-offs are deployed in the Valley Subdivision and bins are filling up quickly. Placement of additional bins and exchanges will occur tomorrow and we will deploy an additional two grapple truck (contractors) in the Valley Subdivision to expedite clean up.
• Additional contractors will begin tomorrow with loaders and dump trucks.
Golden Ponds Subdivision
• Looks good, the roll-off deployment worked well. We still have two roll-offs in place for residual cleanup.
St. Vrain Mobile Home Park
• We have provided a steady stream of roll-offs and residents are filling them. We deployed our packer truck yesterday to pick up additional materials. The roll-off strategy appears to work well here and we will continue to exchange roll offs until complete.
First Ave at Bowen
• Roll-off delivery and deployment working well. As of today, the container is not full
• Two roll-offs still along Missouri and as of today, they are not full. There is some debris on a couple properties, so we will continue to deploy roll-offs and exchange in those locations.
• Several roll-offs have been delivered and exchanged and as of today there are two roll-offs on site.
2200 block Creekside neighborhood at Caleta Trail
• One roll-off has been delivered and filled, another will be delivered and continued exchanges will occur as needed.
Lefthand Drive at East of Bowen
• Two containers on the ground and will exchange as needed.
• Roll-offs delivered and exchanged and will be continued until complete.
• We will deploy our packer and loader to clean up at the end of the cul-de-sac.
Royal Mobile Home Park
• Delivered six (6) roll-offs with the expectation to deliver up to 12 at a time. Exchanges as needed.
Various calls from residents with flood debris
• We had about six calls from residents in the north east section of the city and are scheduled for collection tomorrow.
Regular Trash and recycle collection is completed on schedule
ArtWalk Longmont would like to convey our deepest concern to those affected by this catastrophic storm and to let our community know that our thoughts and prayers go out to all families, towns and neighborhoods that still have much to face in the months ahead.
ArtWalk is still scheduled to happen the evening of Friday, Sept 20 from 6 – 9 p.m. It’s always been Artwalk’s intention to be a downtown event that is a community driven art festival that is shared together. To raise money for those in need in our community, our downtown merchants/participants will have donation information in their locations and Artwalk is happy to include a station hosted by Longmont Community Foundation near the NE corner of 4th Ave (near Ziggis). This is a difficult time, but one thing is clear; we live in a great community with great people!
While the Downtown Longmont community is deeply saddened by the loss and destruction that many in our community are facing, we are overwhelmed by those calling to assist, help, volunteer and give. This weekend, there will be several ways for the community to gather, celebrate Longmont’s strength and donate to those in need in our community. In partnership with the Longmont Community Foundation, donations can be made to the St. Vrain Flooding Relief Fund. 100% of the proceeds will go directly toward helping the community recover from the devastation of the recent flooding.
There will be several opportunities to give financial donations to our community members in need. During Oktoberfest at Roosevelt Park on Friday and Saturday, September 20 – 21st, donations can be made to the Left Hand Brewing Foundation for Flood Relief 2013. On Sunday, Fireball Run kicks off in downtown Longmont. Teams will be assisting in raising money for the flood relief in our community. Come help us send off the 40 teams at 8 a.m. on the corner of 5th and Main - participate in the Tiny Tim fun run or just come cheer on the participants.
For all the details, visit www.downtownlongmont.com