If you are looking to register for classes, you may do so online, at the Recreation Center, or at Centennial Pool. The St. Vrain Memorial Building is NOT open for registration.
Longmont Recreation Center and Centennial Pool are open during regular business hours. Classes and programs at those sites will be held as scheduled.
- The St Vrain Memorial Building, 700 Longs Peak Ave, 303-651-8404 is open as an emergency shelter. Classes and programs scheduled at the St Vrain Memorial Building are cancelled through Friday, Sept. 20. Classes and programs are scheduled to resume Saturday, Sept. 21 unless otherwise noted.
- Izaak Walton Clubhouse, 18 S Sunset, is CLOSED until further notice. All programs including yoga and drumming happening there are cancelled. Class participants will be credited for cancelled classes through Sept. 22. We are working on securing alternate meeting locations for classes that meet there after Sept. 22 and hope to have an update on Friday. Stay tuned for e-mail updates.
The following parks have been deemed unsafe and are closed to the public:
- Kanemoto park
- Lefthand park
- Valley park
- Rogers Grove
- Golden Ponds
- Highway 119 trailhead
- Izaak Walton ponds and Nature Area (including club house)
- St. Vrian Greenway
- Left Hand Creek Greenway
- Dry Creek Greenway
Reservations for the parks that remain open can be made online.
Recreation Programs and Events scheduled to occur that have been CANCELLED:
- Memorial Building classes/programs scheduled through Friday, Sept 20, including fitness classes, tumbling classes, and all other preschool/youth/adult classes.
- Small Wonders Preschool classes are scheduled to resume on Monday, Sept. 23 unless otherwise noted.
- Terrific 2's and 3's held at the Memorial Building on Friday, Sept. 20.
- Itty Bitty City held at the Memorial Building on Friday, Sept. 20.
- Best case scenario, programs are set to resume Monday, Sept. 23. Please stay tuned for more information.
How can I help?
Donations: The City of Longmont is requesting that donations go to central sources and has updated information for individuals interested in helping those affective by the flooding. Financial donations can be sent to www.longmontfoundation.org and donations of volunteer time or items can be registered at www.helpcoloradonow.com.
Where to get more information
Disaster Recovery Center: A disaster recovery center is open at Twin Peaks Mall 1250 S Hover. For more information please visit www.longmontoem.org.
Up to date info/road closures/openings
Check our website at: www.longmontoem.org
Residents interested in current information are requested to use social media sites including the City's Facebook and Twitter pages, as well as relying on the web and other media.