- We have delivered roll-off dumpsters into the affected neighborhoods. As the roll-offs are filled, they will be removed and replaced with an empty unit. Jersey barriers have been installed at the closed bridges.
- LPC has returned power to approximately 500 homes in Longmont and are working to restore power to the main feeder for Lyons. Once the feeder is re-energized, then they can begin restoring power to the customers.
- Weld County has opened a Recovery Assessment Center in south west Weld County. This team will be located in the Human Services Offices, 4209 CR 24 1/2 , Del Camino. They will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. tomorrow until further notice. Services include DHS, health, veterans, utilities, United Way, Red Cross and more.
- Spirits seem high and many of the families were working together to help their neighbors with a variety of chores.
- Several of our officers were extremely fortunate to have been stationed at Columbia Dr. and Mtn View Ave. Through the generosity of a family, whose home was located in an effected area, they provided the officers with tables and a large standing umbrella to aid in their efforts.
- Governor John Hickenlooper, U.S. Representative Cory Gardner, State Senator Matt Jones, State Representative Jonathan Singer and Boulder County Commissioner Deb Gardner paid a visit to Longmont and continued to offer their support. Governor Hickenlooper even took a call in the call center.
- We will be closing the call center tonight at 8:00 p.m. We will re-open at 7:00 a.m. If you have a power related outage, please call Longmont Power and Communications at (303) 776-0011.
Back to Top